Now that Debian Squeezy has officially been released, here’s how to upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze (at least how I’m doing it):
- Edit you /etc/apt/sources.list and replace the lenny entries with squeeze
- Run aptitude update
- Run aptitude install apt dpkg aptitude
- Run aptitude safe-upgrade
- Run aptitude full-upgrade
- After rebooting and checking the grub chainload into grub2 was successfull, run upgrade-from-grub-legacy
The only problem I’ve encountered was with the MySQL Server upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1, it just simply fails. But I’ve upgraded a machine two weeks ago, so I don’t know if the problem has been resolved.